Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Psalm 13

How Long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? Forever? How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; Let mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But, I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

I read this yesterday and realized how much I can relate to David, especially during this winter season. I don't know what his troubles were when he wrote this, but my oven just broke and it drove me to tears.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Oh, Sara. I feel for you and the oven thing. Some days are just so hard to take - like Wednesday when I was supposed to be hosting our party and didn't even get home until 10 minutes before everyone was supposed to arrive... thank goodness you were waiting for me in the driveway and helped me to get set up. You totally turned my day around! :) The rest of the evening was relaxing and fun - much needed. My dad has a saying, which my mom had made into a big wooden sign that hangs above their kitchen sink. It says: "Life is Relentless" - so true. But today the sun is shining and the snow actually looks beautiful, doesn't it?

If you liked The Book Theif (I read it last year and enjoyed it very much) then I highly recommend Marcus Zusak's other book I Am the Messenger. I liked it even more than The Book Theif. I have a copy if you would like to borrow it.

Okay - am I breaking blog protocol by rambling on like this? I am a newbie to this blog thing, but kind of addicted.

I hope you have a wonderful, sunny Saturday!

Josie said...

Okay, I just realized that I spelled THIEF wrong not once, but twice in my post. How embarrassing for an English teacher. Remember, I before E, except after C...

sara said...

That was perfect, Jos. I just chalked it up to a slip of the keys. Twice.
I think you ought to check your book collection before offering up a book. You don't have, 'I am the Messenger' because your copy is here at my house. I borrowed it right around the time you moved out of the old house. So, it's quite understandable that you don't remember. I'll get it back to you. Along with a few other books of yours.