Thursday, February 7, 2008
Night Out
I ended up going out last night. I felt confident in all of my winter gear and cell phone. I took the van. I should have taken a plow. It stopped snowing, but the roads were not clear. I'm sure that is the reason why so many schools were closed today. I met with my girlfriends (I'll post the picture later today). There were 5 of us, which was a pretty good turnout, considering. It was one of the only places open last night. But, when you're the only one open, you get business. Especially if the weather has finally driven the masses to drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Sar,
You're probably wondering why I am up at 6:09 am on a SNOW DAY blogging, but here I am. I was supposed to have a meeting at 6:30 this morning (ACK!) to make up for a meeting we missed last week b/c of a snow day, and so I got up at 5:15 am (ACK! again), checked the news - no snow day announcement, poured a cup of coffee, and started making my kids lunches, when the phone rang to say we had a snow day. Once I had 1/2 cup of coffee in me, I didn't feel like getting back in bed. I felt like enjoying some peace, quiet, and solitude - a rare thing for me.
I read back through some of your blog & loved it. This picture is so cute - would love for you to send me a copy if you have time. Your house pictures are gorgeous - seriously. Your house could be in a magazine. Have you had any bites on the home exchange? I watched the movie The Holiday the other night, which your home exchange pics reminded me of. Have you seen that movie? I especially love the scene where Cameron Diaz is by herself in the darling cottage in England and she gets drunk and dances and sings that Killers song "Mr. Brightside" - I love that song b/c it reminds me of some of the music I used to listen to in the 80's, except that my kids think that it is a good song too and they don't make me "turn off my awful music!" I guess that means I am getting very, very old if my teenage and pre-teen kids think that my high school music is BAD! :)
I read your post about your SAD, and it brought back memories of being home with little kids before I was working. I can TOTALLY relate, and have a confession to make. Work is hard - no doubt - the getting up early, being "on" all day for my students, the GRADING (my job would be perfect without the grading...), but I would take it any day over being home all winter with little kids. Not that I didn't love my kids, and I knew it was the right thing to do to be home with them, but it drove me to the brink of insanity in the winter. All I can say is, keep getting out. It will help. And, you're not alone. :) And, this too shall pass when your kids get older.
Well, should I go back to bed? My adorable and warm husband is in bed and will be leaving tomorrow for Florida for work (seriously, is that really fair???) and will be gone the rest of the week. I think I will go and snuggle up some warmth while I still have it!
I am excited for Wednesday night! I will use my time off today to start decorating!
Love you,
Jos
Thank you, Josie. It is good to hear your "confession". It is hard to find that balance of being okay with wanting more and not whining about it. I hate being around whiny people, and yet I seem to be the biggest culprit these days. ugg! I am looking forward to Wed. evening as well. I'll see you then.
Post a Comment