Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A scary story

Irene woke up unusually early this morning. It was still dark so I put her in the bed between Rob and I. She laid there, quiet, sucking her thumb and holding her blanket. Then, Rob's alarm went off and he played the snooze game for awhile before getting up and heading downstairs for his morning rituals. Irene was quiet for about a half hour, when she finally broke her silence.

I wanna tell you a scary story.

Me: Oh yeah? What is it?

It's about an old man. Pause.

And lots of owls. Pause.

And a fly. Pause.

And some ducks in a row. Long pause.

Then, in her most ominous sounding 2 -year old voice...

Once upon a time there was an old man and she had lots of owls.....voice trails off.

I want to go see daddy. Off she goes.

1 comment:

Jellybean said...

a suspense author in the making.. it starts young Sara! :~j