Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A morning walk


These were taken on my last walk to the beach in November 2007.


I went for a walk this morning. I decided to check out the icebergs on Lake Michigan before they completely disappear. I was shocked to realize that although I have lived here some 13 years, I have never gone to the lake in the winter. It's hard for me to believe, especially since it is one of my favorite spots in the whole world. Okay, I haven't been to many places, but still....
So this is where I walked this morning. It was a bit misty, but the birds were singing and the temperature was cool, but not cold. It had the feel, the sound, and the smell of Spring outside. And the icebergs were truly amazing. It was one of those moments when I have to just stop and, well, be amazed. I probably should have gotten to them before this warm spell, but it was beautiful nonetheless. The only thing missing was my camera.

1 comment:

Jellybean said...

You're encouraging me to take a walk tomorrow morning to catch the icebergs before they are gone for the season too!

When I saw your pictures I was deflated to think that I missed them already.