Saturday, March 29, 2008

breakfast in bed


Rob and I were awakened to a clattering of dishes and kids surrounding us at all sides. I should have seen it coming. A Saturday with nothing on the docket? No plans? A pronouncement that everyone should sleep in? Aaaaah, even the Friday night anticipation makes us excited to go to bed, so we can sleep in as long as we please. We got our breakfast at 8 am, in bed, with our two eldest smiling, "Good morning". We were treated to a glass of orange juice, a bowl of cereal, and toast (I sent my plain toast back for some marmalade). The pretty flower is a nice touch. I'm not quite sure yet if it is the love in their little hearts that prompts such an act of kindness, or are they being oh, so clever in getting mom and dad out of bed.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can imagine them scheming at 6am on how fun it'd be to bring you breakfast in bed.. and waiting 'till an appropriate hour.

Only when they are teenagers will they understand that 10am is a proper 'sleeping in' time. THEN, you can lovingly serve them breakfast in bed at 8!

ps -L*O*V*E the platter! looks like a Sara original.

pps -like the new layout also!