Monday, November 30, 2009

stools (not that kind!)

These are my ratty old stool covers. They're shaggy and soft and remind me a little of Cookie Monster. They've been washed a gazillion times. They're matted down with wear. They have food stuck in them. Every few weeks I announce to no one in particular, "I'm going to make new stool covers, just as soon as I find the right fabric." But, I haven't. Not yet. I can't bring myself to get rid of them. Perhaps it's because Dottie picked out the material and I think of her when I see them. Perhaps it's because they're such a happy color. Perhaps it's because I don't know anyone who has anything even remotely like it (no wonder!). Or maybe it's just because I like Cookie Monster. If...no, when I finally make new covers, I will take a picture and show you. As soon as I find the right fabric...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I like the Cookie Monster too :) and would keep them for that reason alone.