Tuesday, May 6, 2008

quick update

A quick update: I got a job serving tables twice a week. It's an Italian restaurant, the fine dining sort. I am learning things like how to present a bottle of wine! I've been in training for a couple of weeks and tomorrow night is my first time going it alone.

I also started working in my friend's greenhouse. I did it last year as well. It's just on Mondays in the month of May. I love working outside and getting familiar with the flowers.

Rob and I are both reading express books from the library. We have one week to read them. I'm almost done. It's called 'Change of Heart' by Jodi Picoult. Rob is reading the newest Bourne book. I'm placing bets that he won't get it finished in time. He falls asleep about 2 pages in. Anyone who has watched a movie with Rob can envision this.

There's not much else. We are thinking about getting some chickens and we are excited about getting our hands dirty in the neighbors huge garden. Our neighbor, Tom, aka, the garden master, has tilled the soil and planted the potatoes. Reeny and I might head over soon and help get the onions planted. The rest we'll probably plant memorial weekend. I plan on making and freezing lots of pesto this year.

With it so light in the evenings now, we stay up later and enjoy every minute we can. We are all very much looking forward to school being done!

6 comments:

Jellybean said...

I might see you tomorrow at your new nighttime gig! Having dinner after 8pm also :)

Alison Hodgson said...

You'll do great!

Torey said...

Speaking as a former server myself, you will be fantastic!

Jellybean said...

You were so great last night :)

I hope my date was not too drunk.. :\.. you see the pickin's girls my age have?

He apologized profusely once I got us home - this after he woke up in the driveway after looking at me for several seconds trying to figure out who I was and where he was.

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed your call afterwards to debrief!
knowing you, I'm sure it went well!
I think you're gonna take to this job quite well girlie!

sara said...

Thanks for your support (I would normally add, "you guys" to the end of that sentence, but trying to break the habit!)